Business Queensland to offer small businesses matched funding of $10,000
What could your business do with a $10k boost in funding? Whether it’s new website copy or CRM software, investing in digital technologies can be a costly exercise. If your business is based in Queensland you may be eligible for Business Queensland’s Small Business Digital Grants Program, an initiative that helps small business owners gain a competitive edge in the global marketplace.
The Small Business Digital Grants Program provides small businesses matched funding of up to $10,000 (ex GST) for the purchase of hardware, software and digital services.
The application process
1. Prioritise the technology and services your business needs. Your application will be assessed based on its potential to be more competitive and increase the need for new jobs.
2. Ensure your business meets the eligibility criteria
3. Submit your application.
If your application is approved, you will be eligible to receive matched funding of up to $10,000 for technologies/services invested. Payment is made on the completion of the project/technology roll out.
The program is open to small businesses in Queensland. Applications will be accepted if a business:
• has fewer than 20 employees at the time of application,
• has an Australian Business Number (ABN) and is registered for GST,
• has a turnover of $2 million of less in the last 12 calendar months.
Note: If any owners or directors of your business is an undischarged bankrupt or insolvent, this must be declared.
Where you can invest the $10,000 grant
The $10,000 grant aims to encourage small business owners to innovate and grow with technology. With the grant you can invest in hardware, software and digital services in any of the following categories:
• content development (web copy, blog content, product pages)
• payment gateway for receiving payments,
• specialised digital technology or software i.e. automation software
• training, strategy development and planning.
Limitations to note
The $10,000 of matched funding can be used towards the growth of the business but does not cover existing expenses including:
• existing fees i.e. maintenance of existing digital services like website hosting or maintenance,
• franchise fees,
• general operating costs,
• Search engine optimisation (SEO), Google AdWords, Facebook.
In addition to meeting the eligibility criteria, applications will also be assessed and prioritised by several factors:
• how the investment will impact the business
• whether the investment will give the business competitive edge
• opportunity for job growth
• value for investment
When to apply
Application deadline: 24 October 2017 at 5pm
You can lodge your application online at http://www.business.qld.gov.au/digital.
For any questions, email@example.com or call 13 QGOV (13 74 68). If you are looking to increase leads and sales online for your business, speak to one of our digital marketing specialists today.